We are pleased to inform you that the first call for proposals to access ATMO-ACCESS facilities is now open! ATMO-ACCESS will offer opportunities for free-of-charge Trans-National Access (TNA) to specific services at 43 operational European atmospheric research facilities in Europe.
In this first call, all ATMO-ACCESS facilities will be eligible, the call topic will be open and access modalities will be unrestricted.
Nevertheless, a key goal of the ATMO-ACCESS project is to explore and test modalities of access to eventually identify an optimum sustainable access model. Whilst not essential, in the spirit of ATMO-ACCESS, and in preparation for future calls, innovative modes of access are particularly encouraged. Examples of such novel access proposals could include, but are not limited to:
- combinations of remote and physical access
- combinations of training and scientific delivery / innovation
- cross-disciplinary access from beyond atmospheric science
- simultaneous or sequential access to multiple facilities
- simultaneous access by users from multiple sectors
- piloting of use of facilities for novel purposes
- ATMO platforms offering access for the first time
Owing to continued and varied restrictions in response to COVID-19 measures it is understood that there may still be constraints on physical mobility; it may be advisable to consider remote or hybrid access contingencies where appropriate.
Timeline of the call (due to COVID-19 we may adjust and provide for some flexibility on the indicated dates):
- Publication date: October 28, 2021
- Proposal deadline: January 28, 2022
- Access period: December 2021- December 2022
The available facilities, eligibility and application process can be found on the ATMO-ACCESS website: https://www.atmo-access.eu/access-to-services
Do not hesitate to contact the ATMO-ACCESS TNA team at firstname.lastname@example.org for any possible questions or further assistance.