What we do
The main objectives of ACTRIS are:
- to provide information on the 4D-variability and of the physical, optical and chemical properties of short-lived atmospheric constituents, from the surface throughout the troposphere to the stratosphere, with the required level of precision, coherence and integration;
- to provide information and understanding on the atmospheric processes driving the formation, transformation and removal of short-lived atmospheric constituents;
- to provide efficient open access to ACTRIS data and services and the means to more effectively use the complex and multi-scale ACTRIS products;
- to ensure raise the level of technology used in the RI and the quality of services offered to the community of users, involving partners from the private sector; and
- to promote training of operators and users and enhance linkage between research, education and innovation in the field of atmospheric science.